UTAH LEG of NVAO ESCORT RIDE SCHEDULE Thursday, May 16, 2019 Roy, UT
Ladies and gentlemen: This Ride is NOT a Political Ride. This ride is 100% about the Men and Women who have defended and are Defending this great Country and the very freedom we enjoy.
With that being said please leave your political views and opinions at home. Everyone has their view and I do to, but NOT today. We will be representing and showing our support for our VETERANS and Active Duty Troops. There are a few other requests asked if you cannot follow these few very simple requests please stay home, and we will see you on the next Ride.
1. Respect above all, to everyone involved, Riders, Nursing home Personnel and no matter what The Veterans at the Home.
2. NO ALCOHOL NO EXCEPTIONS. (Until the last stop in WY where can celebrate and enjoy.)
3. KNOW YOUR LIMITS. Do not over ride your bike or the person in front of you, we have had 1 person in 7 years go down and I am proud that we use the chase trailer for Donations to the Home instead of a hauler.
4. Fuel at stops if you need it, you know your bike and the route, when done fueling move so the next person can Fuel.
5. NVAO has a RULE. If a car or Truck is merging on the highway MOVE OVER and let them in. Gather back after they have moved out of the procession.
6. If something does happen (God Forbid) the 6 Bikes and Chase trailer are to Stop and assist and ONLY 6. I say 6 because we cannot have everyone stop as we then become a DANGER and could end up making it a Very bad day… There is a full trauma kit in the chase truck.
7. Most of All and this is very serious. HAVE FUN, ENJOY visiting the VETERANS, and ENJOY THE DAY as you are an extremely important part of making this ride a success.
IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES WITH THE ABOVE LISTED YOU WILL BE ASKED TO NOT CONTINUE ON THE RIDE. IF YOU ARE ASKED TO LEAVE BY ANY OF OUR STAFF OR MEMBERS WHO ARE ASSIGNED, YOU MUST LEAVE NO QUESTIONS. WE WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY DRAMA, NO IF’S AND’S OR BUT’S ABOUT IT.
Thank you for all your help in making this a successful Ride.
Jayson Stephenson (aka: FatGuy)
National Veterans Awareness Organization.
HERE IS THE FULL RIDE SCHEDULE
6:00-6:30 am Gather behind Taco Bell in Parking lot.
Get release to Sign (5651 S. 1900 W. ROY, UT)
6:35 ish Riders meeting and Layout of details
6:50 am ETD Depart – I-15 South to Legacy Hwy. South to I-215 South
7:45 am ETA Exit 99 I-80 W. Gas Stop at Tooele, UT
(Flying J FUEL Join with Riders from SLC & South.)
8:00 am ETD Depart – I-80 West to Wendover, NV
(Stop at Rest area for Helmets)
10:30 am ETA Exit to Peppermill in Wendover, NV
Exit 410 in Nevada. (FUEL STOP)
10:45 am ETA of NVAO Riders from California.
NVAO RIDE SCHEDULE FROM HERE FORWARD
10:55 am RIDERS MEETING for return trip (JOIN NVAO RIDE)
11:05 am ETD Depart (Coming back to SLC.)
12:45 pm ETA Exit 99 Gas at Lake Point (Meet all waiting Riders @ Flying J That did not go to Nevada.)
***Note UTAH HIGHWAY PATROL MOTORCADE will Escort Ride TO SLC from here
1:00 pm ETD Flying J Fuel Stop (With Motorcade Police Escort)
***Note SLC Fire will be displaying flag over I-80 on overpass approx. 7200 W or 5600 W.
1:45 pm ETA Exit 129 Foothill Blvd. to Utah State Veterans Nursing Home 700 S. Foothill Dr., SLC, UT 84113
(Visit vets and have lunch) ***Note: There will be a Military Flag Retirement and presentation of new Colors upon arrival at the VA Nursing Home.
4:00 pm ETD Depart VA Home to Evanston, WY
4:55 pm ETA Remainder of Escort to meet us at Echo Rest Stop (DO NOT STOP) they will fall in behind the last riders and finish with us in Evanston, WY.
5:25 pm ETA Exit 3 in Evanston, WY
***Note: At the bottom of the exit Evanston Police, Fire, Fish and Game and others will pick up lead and entire Ride will go Parade Style Through town to the VFW where the Street to the East will be closed for Ride Parking. Dinner at VFW Post 4280 Evanston, WY.